Estate Administration Administrative Assistant
About us: Here at Relational Estate & Elder Law, we are passionate about bringing confidence and peace of mind about the future to residents in Winchester, Northern Virginia, and the Shenandoah Valley. Our team of legal professionals specializes in estate planning, elder planning, and estate administration, and we love to come alongside our clients as they seek to protect themselves, their families, and their assets. With the right legal documents, we help them create plans for the future that accomplish their goals and allow them to rest easy.
To apply, please email your resume to LaurenPaige@relational.law.
Description: We are looking for an Estate Administration Administrative Assistant to join our growing team. The legal assistant ensures that estate administration matters are processed correctly and promptly. This position is primarily for our Winchester location, although occasional days in our Ashburn office may be required. This is an entry level position, meaning no prior legal experience is necessary, and there is opportunity for advancement and growth as our firm grows.
What We Are Looking For: A detailed-oriented, organized, and meticulous person who enjoys learning and will strive to meet our high standard for quality legal work.
Our Hiring Process: At Relational Estate and Elder Law, we want to make sure that you are a good fit for us and that we are a good fit for you. As a result, we have an extensive interview process that involves a series of phone and in-person interviews. If you are selected for our first step, we will email you our firm values. Please include three professional references in your resume.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Matching retirement contributions
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Medical benefits (health, dental, vision)
- Life insurance
- Long- and short-term disability insurance
- A collaborative, fun, inviting culture
Salary: $17 – $21 an hour
- Answer phone during assigned time periods in a professional and courteous manner and implement intake process when applicable
- Schedule or re-schedule client appointments for Estate Administration clients
- Provide backup as requested in client meetings and calls for all areas of practice
- Travel to the Ashburn office when requested
- Witness document signings to meet Virginia law standards
- Estate Administration Assistant Specific:
- Draft letters as directed
- Assemble filings and mailings
- Handle initial intake tasks
- Perform note-taking/documentation (administrative meetings)
- Assist with bookkeeping for client matters
- Manage client source documents (scanning, organizing)
- Draft initial agendas for meetings
- Active Listening
- Attention to Detail
- Experience with QuickBooks or other bookkeeping tool
- Strong organization skills to manage and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with or the ability to quickly learn Microsoft Excel and related cloud-based software products
- Emotional intelligence: able to understand and empathize with client needs and problems
- Understanding the relationship between numbers
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets and databases