Estate Planning Paralegal
We are looking for an Estate Planning Paralegal to join our growing team. The estate planning paralegal ensures that estate planning matters are processed correctly and promptly. Our clients are worried about their families and futures, and this position will help further our mission of providing them with hope and peace of mind through Relational Estate Planning®. This position is primarily for our Winchester location, although occasional days in our Ashburn office may be required. This is an entry level position, meaning no prior legal experience is necessary, and there is opportunity for advancement and growth as our firm grows.
Our Culture: We are a collaborative team who puts others first. We treat each other the way we want to be treated and look for ways to encourage and assist one another each day. To learn more about our culture, check out https://relational.law/careers/.
If you are interested, you can apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to Lauren Paige Sorsen at LaurenPaige@relational.law.
What We are Looking For
A detailed-oriented, organized, and meticulous person who enjoys learning and will strive to meet our high standard for quality legal work.
Our Hiring Process
At Relational Estate & Elder Law, PLC, we want to make sure that you are a good fit for us and that we are a good fit for you. As a result, we have an extensive interview process that involves a series of phone and in-person interviews. If you are selected for our first step, we will email you our firm values. Please include three professional references in your resume.
Estate Planning Paralegal Job Responsibilities
- Draft Estate Planning Documents
- Draft Deeds
- Revise Estate Planning Documents
- Attend and document Estate Planning document review client meetings/calls (“own” follow-up and next steps) when assigned
- Attend and document Trust Funding Follow-up Calls when assigned
- Attend Friday morning Team Discussions for Set Up EP Matter process
- Prepare estate documents for client execution for both Winchester and Ashburn when assigned
- Participate as a witness in weekly Winchester signings (Backup witness for Ashburn signings when assigned)
- Answer phone during assigned time periods and when needed as a backup in a professional and courteous manner and accurately implement intake process when applicable
- Active Listening
- Emotional intelligence: able to understand and empathize with client needs and problems
- Familiarity with or the ability to quickly learn Microsoft Office and related cloud-based software products
- Strong organization skills to manage follow-up with clients and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Self-motivated with strong time management ability
- Prior administrative experience is preferred, but not required