Hi, I’m Josh.
I have been practicing law in the Winchester and Northern Virginia area for over a decade. I spent 11 years working at a local attorney’s office, where I practiced in many areas of the law. Several years ago, however, I took the next step and established my own firm, and now, my team and I specialize in estate planning, elder law and planning, and estate administration. We create legal documents such as wills, trusts, powers of attorney, advance medical directives that give people confidence and peace of mind about the future.
Over and over again, I have seen individuals and families face heartbreaking situations as people age and pass away. Witnessing these struggles has developed in me a passion to go above and beyond drafting legal documents. I love getting to know my clients so that I can help them envision, create, and implement estate and elder care plans that will meet some of the deeper relational needs that are so important but cannot be met with money alone. I seek to help people protect themselves and their assets, provide for their most important relationships, and leave their legacy when they pass.
I co-authored the recently published book, Fearless: Facing the Future Confidently with Relational Estate Planning ®, I book regular speaking engagements, and I recently gave a speech at the Christian Legal Society National Conference. Most of my presentations have focused on Relational Estate Planning ®, preventative elder law tactics, and, more recently, tips on how to navigate the tax changes that are projected to take place during the current presidential administration.
Outside of running my business and presenting our firm philosophy, I love to spend time with my lovely wife, Jill, and our four vibrant children, Scarlett, Abe, Pierce, and Iris. I also enjoy reading, traveling, and trying different local restaurants.
- Graduated with honors from the University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia, 2008
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Virginia, 2006
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Virginia, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 2008
- U.S. West Virginia Bar, 2019
- Izaak Walton League Volunteer of the year Winchester chapter, 2013
- Former secretary and board member of NW Works
- Former president of the board for the Child Safe Center
- Former treasurer of the Shenandoah Arts Council
- Current president of the Winchester and Frederick County bar association